From: noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx <noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> on behalf of Jan Stránský <question702751@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, August 15, 2022 1:31 PM
To: Saghafian Larijani, Roxana (UT-ET) <r.saghafianlarijani@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Question #702751]: periodic boundary in the direction of the length of a rotating drum (cylinder )

Your question #702751 on Yade changed:

> I have also attached the Drum.stl

attachments are not possible here in launchpad questions..
Please either provide the content of the file, or make your code using alternatives, like facetCylinder

> it gets devided to four different parts that might be right for other
cases but for my case it does not seem like a rotating drum.

Thanks for clarification.
Actually, it IS proper rotating drum and is "right" :-)
It is just the way it is displayed, particles positions wrapped inside the periodic cell, not outside.
To overcome this issue, you can:
- postprocess the positions to look more natural
- put the drum and particles to the "center" of the cell (i.e. the visualization of particles is natural). Note that the results should be exactly the same as in the "default" case.

Cheers

If this answers your question, please go to the following page to let us
know that it is solved:
https://answers.launchpad.net/yade/+question/702751/+confirm?answer_id=2

If you still need help, you can reply to this email or go to the
following page to enter your feedback:

You received this question notification because you asked the question.