Re: [Question #703079]: Unable to locate package libqglviewer-dev-qt5 when Install Yade from Source code

LiTingting gave more information on the question:
Hello Jan!
Thank you for your answer!

Right, I tried to update to 22.04, however, there is an error :"No package libvtk6-dev is available" when I download some software package according to [1], then I check [2], in which libvtk6-dev is not included. So I guess I should use Ubuntu 20.04 ,cause [1] have mentioned it. That is what I changed my ubuntu version.

Thank you for your [2], so I update my ubuntu to 20.04.1LTS, my question have been solved!!!

[1]Installation — Yade 3rd ed. documentation (yade-dem.org)
[2] https://packages.ubuntu.com/focal/libqglviewer-dev-qt5

---- Replied Message ----
| From | Jan Stránský<question703079@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> |
| Date | 9/7/2022 13:31 |
| To | <litingting4183@xxxxxxx> |
| Subject | Re: [Question #703079]: Unable to locate package libqglviewer-dev-qt5 when Install Yade from Source code |
Your question #703079 on Yade changed:

Jan Stránský requested more information:
Hello,

first of all, are you sure you need installation from source?
Do you need to modify the source code?
If not, I would really try the package versions first

my Ubuntu version is 20.04

in [1], you write your Ubuntu is 21.10 and then you got recommendation to upgrade to 22.04.
Why do you use 20.04?

I have checked [2], there is libqglviewer-dev-qt5 for focal (20.04 Focal
Fossa).. so I have no idea where the problem is..

Cheers
Jan

[1] https://answers.launchpad.net/yade/+question/703066
[2] https://packages.ubuntu.com/focal/libqglviewer-dev-qt5

--
To answer this request for more information, you can either reply to
this email or enter your reply at the following page:

You received this question notification because you asked the question.