[Question #703104]: Changing the periodic cell for cylindrical samples

Hi

I'm trying to reduce the computation time for a vane shear test where a central vane penetrates the underlying sample to a certain depth and then starts rotating for about 90 degrees. I understand that this problem is essentially non-periodic in the sense that the built-in parallelepiped periodic cell does not allow for the exchange of particles for my cylindrical sample. I do not know if changing the YADE periodicity is possible to account for radial deformations. The development of a wedge shape periodic cell is of much interest with the capability to exchange particles from two connecting sides as opposed to the original cell where the particles exist from one boundary and enter from the opposite boundary. To summarize, is it possible to have a periodic cell with one corner located in the center of the cylindrical sample and particles exit and enter from two sides pointing toward the center? If required, I can give a draft of what I mean.
Also, where can I find the source code for the periodic cell in the trunk?

Thanks so much and looking forward to hearing your thoughts