Re: [Question #703104]: Changing the periodic cell for cylindrical samples

Nima Goudarzi posted a new comment:
Hi Jan,

Thanks for the comment. What I'm thinking is preserving the currently existing periodic boundary conditions in YADE and doing a trick to impose the entrance/exit of particles to/from two adjacent boundaries. This has been implemented before in DEM (see for example "Development of a mixed boundary environment for axi-symmetric DEM analyses"). I do not seek changes in the geometry of the periodic cell but am looking to placing the corner of the cell in the center of the cylindrical sample (please note that in the circumferential direction, the boundary is not periodic) and somehow changing the logic (C++) of locations of particles exit/reentry.
Looking forward to hearing your thoughts.

Cheers

Nima