Re: [Question #703299]: yade Examples with tutorial (Periodic simple shear)

Jan Stránský requested more information:
Hello,

> I am new to yade

welcome :-)

Apart from tutorial [1], read also user's manual [2].

> But I want to fill a cylinder and shear the particles.

Please be (much much) more specific.
What does "to fill" mean? What the resulting packing should be? Regular or not? uniform particle size or some particle size distribution? ...?
What should be the material? Cohesive or not? Elastic? Plastic? Brittle? ...?
What does "shear" mean? What should be the boundary conditions and loading? What should be the results?
...?

> Can you please give me a program to create a cylinder?

most likely not.. it is a complex problem with a lot of options and variations, some of them suiting your purpose, some not..
We can give you some hints, possible directions, ideas, basics.. but most likely not complete "program".
Alternatively, you can try "Paid support and Consulting" [3,4].
Or do it "the hard way" - learn DEM / Yade from basics up to the point when you are able to build the simulation yourself.

Packing: It is easy to create a cylindrical shaped packing (just give more information about its requirements), see e.g. [5].
Boundary conditions / load: It is not difficult to define some "plates" and fix them / assign them velocity / force to make them boundaries / loading.
Results: It is easy to track displacement / forces, export  etc.
Material and results: the difficult part IMO :-) from both DEM in general and Yade itself point of view.

Cheers
Jan

[1] https://yade-dem.org/doc/tutorial.html
[2] https://yade-dem.org/doc/user.html