Re: [Question #703299]: yade Examples with tutorial (Periodic simple shear)

Jan Stránský requested more information:
Please provide more information, e.g. what your simulation is in reality (some laboratory test, what material it is, what scale you simulate...)
So far provided information is too general.

> In the example, the particles were packed in a cube.

No.
In the example, the packing is **visualized** as a cube.
It is a parallelepiped-shaped periodic cell, effectively simulating infinite space, not cube.

> I want to pack particles into a cylinder.

See my previous answer #1.
Provide more information or ask more specifically if it does not help.

It is possible to use periodicity to model a cylinder, but it is not
standard and you should know what you are doing.

> Other conditions such as packing, material, etc. are the same as in the example.
> Shear is a force acting parallel to a plane with respect to any plane inside the object. In other words, shear is a horizontal force.

It is clear what shear means in general. What is not clear is how you specifically want to model / simulate the shearing, what boundary conditions and load you want to use, if you want to use periodicity or not, etc etc.
There are plenty of options, please be more specific.
This is not specific to Yade or DEM, but is general modeling topic. You would need to determine the same for e.g. FEM, too.

Cheers