Re: [Question #703284]: If the PeriodicFlowEngine can simulate the oedometer test

Gao Xiang is still having a problem:
Hello, Bruno,
Thanks for your answer, if I want to generate a periodic RVE for multiscale problems by  PeriTriaxController and PeriodicFlowEngine, and the RVE is homogeneous with gradP=0?
Furthermore, I want to simulate the hydraulic condition of RVE, such as the pressure and permeability, and obtain the mechanical response(stress). Therefore, the questions are:

Q1.  In the periodic RVE that is subjected to different pressure and
flow.imposePressure()?

Q2. The permeability of the periodic RVE can be obtained by
flow.averageVelocity().  Sorry to repeat the question Q1 and Q2 again,
I just want to make sure I figure out it.

Q3. if flow.getPorePressure returns a pressure value of a specific position, how to calculate the pressure of RVE with homogeneous assumption.

Q4. The stress of PeriTriaxController (triax.stress) is the total stress or effective stress

I hope I made my question clear, looking forwards to your reply.

Thank you again!

Xiang GAO