Re: [Question #703292]: How to set the weight of particles?

> I mean I only apply force in the designated area (other than gravity)
and the rest of the area uses only gravity. For example, there is a 30m
box, I only apply one force in the area of 0 to 15m, and all these 30m
will receive the action of gravity.

yes, it is possible.
You simply select desired particles and apply force on them.

> Also, in O.forces.setPermF(0,(1,0,0)), does 0 refer to the magnitude
of the set force? (1, 0, 0) is the position of the applied force?

See documentation [5,6,8].
0 is particle ID
(1,0,0) is the applied force vector

> If I'm right, then it's just applying a concentrated load,

Yes, force is applied to particle "center" (particle.state.pos).

> not the uniform load I need.

DEM is Discrete element mehod, everything is discrete.
You can think of it such as nothing like uniform load exists in DEM.

> Maybe I can use O.forces.setPermF(0,((1,0,0),(2,0,0)))?

No [8]

Cheers
Jan

[8] https://yade-
dem.org/doc/yade.wrapper.html#yade.wrapper.ForceContainer.setPermF