Re: [Question #703498]: Young's modulus or the effect of the wall on the test

> Since makeCloud is not completely symmetrical, is there a way to
generate particles as symmetrically as possible?

There are many options:
- using predefined regular (and therefor symmetric) packing [2,3]
- using a different custom packing (e.r. rectangular grid)
- using makeCloud on half of the domain and then mirror it to the remaining half
- ...

> If makeCloud is not symmetrical, then every simulation result will
have a deviation, or even a large deviation, is this correct?

No.

Not every simulation uses makeCloud, so the question is meaningless
(therefore no) for those simulations not using it.

Not every result will have deviation (from symmetry I assume) even if using makeCloud, it depends on the type of results, circumstances, using of makeCloud etc.
See above, you can simply mirror makeCloud to make the final packing symmetric, even if makeCloud itself is not symmetric.

I would state it as:
Simulation using makeCloud may have results which deviates (even largely) from symmetry, but not necessarily.

Cheers
Jan

[2] https://yade-dem.org/doc/yade.pack.html#yade.pack.regularHexa
[3] https://yade-dem.org/doc/yade.pack.html#yade.pack.regularOrtho