Re: [Question #703767]: About the transformation of the cohesivePhys interaction to the FrictPhys interaction

Jérôme Duriez proposed the following answer:
Hi,

In the end, I'm not sure what your question exactly is.

If you wonder what happens about 2 spheres with an initially truly
cohesive physics of CohFrictPhys type (e.g., phys.normalAdhesion and/or
phys.shearAdhesion != 0), after their cohesion is lost
(phys.normalAdhesion and phys.shearAdhesion = 0, typically), I would say
that it is still Law2_ScGeom6D_CohFrictPhys_CohesionMoment that applies,
just taking into account the zero values of cohesive terms.

Which should be essentially equivalent to
Law2_ScGeom_FrictPhys_CundallStrack() (even though it might be good to
check since you never know..) without the need for replacing engines /
materials in the course of the simulation.

Aiming still for script simplicity and clarity, I would advice against
using also Ip2_FrictMat_FrictMat_FrictPhys(), in addition to
Ip2_CohFrictMat_CohFrictMat_CohFrictPhys(), in your InteractionLoop