Re: [Question #703735]: Bonded (CohFrictMat) particles freeze during collision

Karol Brzezinski is still having a problem:
Hi,

thank you for your comments. I believe you are talking about this
equation (https://gitlab.com/yade-
dev/trunk/-/blob/master/pkg/dem/NewtonIntegrator.cpp#L34 ) in a slightly
different form. It is hard to imagine how it could have such an effect
on the simulation, but it is my strongest lead.

The simulation is more or less predictable when I use the same material
for standalone spheres. The same for the case with no damping (or very
small <1e-5). However, the damping used in the example (0.01) stops the
free-falling aggregates as soon as they touch each other. Moreover, even
after the separation, they do not start to fall again.

Cheers,
Karol

PS. I noticed that indentations are broken when the example is copied
back to the editor from the launchpad. It was probably poorly formatted
in the first place (guilty of using tabs). Sorry for that.