Re: [Question #704099]: Packing of Medium Density

Jan Stránský requested more information:
Hello,

thanks for adding more information, but still it is too ambiguous.
As I said, there are many approaches [2] with various requirements (on boundary, spatial distribution, size distribution, ...).

Please be more specific, clear and also please answer all the questions from my previous information request (and of course from this one).
Otherwise we can give just as general answers.

Also please read [1] and provide a MWE [1] for your loose and dense
packing.

> Can anyone help me for finding solution to simulate medium packing of
spheres?

How do you define "medium"?

What is "packing"?
- uniform size? particle size distribution?
- regular? random?

> help me ... to simulate medium packing
> My problem is to simulate loose, medium and dense packing of spheres

What does "to simulate" mean? Just to create? Or some actual simulation,
like compaction?

> finding its packing fraction and porosity.

packingFraction = sum(4/3.*pi*pow(b.shape.radius,3) for b in O.bodies) /
boxVolume

> Loose ... packing, I made

how?

> Which parameters need to be changed for solving it?

I doubt there is a parameter for such thing..
The packing creation is either loose (to spent as little time as possible) or dense (to make it as dense as possible).
For in-between case, probably you will have to develop your own approach (one "blind" option I gave in answer #1, randomDensePack and then reducing size of particles)

Cheers
Jan

[1] https://www.yade-dem.org/wiki/Howtoask
[2] https://yade-dem.org/doc/user.html#sphere-packings