Re: [Question #704099]: Packing of Medium Density

Amrisha Khandelwal gave more information on the question:
Thank you for your response Jan and Bernard..
Following is the script for dense packing. I modify the gravity deposition tutorial. Suggest me the corrections if i am going wrong.
PROBLEM STATEMENT- Find packing fraction of dense packing of spheres which deposits under gravity in a rectangular box.

And please help me with medium packing of spheres.

from yade import pack

# create rectangular box from facets
O.bodies.append(geom.facetBox((.5, .5, .5), (.5, .5, .5), wallMask=31))
if 0:
# create empty sphere packing
# sphere packing is not equivalent to particles in simulation, it contains only the pure geometry
      sp = pack.SpherePack()
# generate randomly spheres with uniform radius distribution
      sp.makeCloud((0, 0, 0), (1, 1, 1), rMean=.05, rRelFuzz=.5, periodic=True)
# add the sphere pack to the simulation
      sp.toSimulation()
else:
# add dense packing
      O.bodies.append(pack.regularHexa(pack.inAlignedBox((0,0,0), (1,1,1)), radius=.05, gap=0))
O.engines = [
        ForceResetter(),
        InsertionSortCollider([Bo1_Sphere_Aabb(), Bo1_Facet_Aabb()]),
        InteractionLoop(
                # handle sphere+sphere and facet+sphere collisions
                [Ig2_Sphere_Sphere_ScGeom(), Ig2_Facet_Sphere_ScGeom()],
                [Ip2_FrictMat_FrictMat_FrictPhys()],
                [Law2_ScGeom_FrictPhys_CundallStrack()]
        ),
        NewtonIntegrator(gravity=(0, 0, -9.81), damping=0.4),
        # call the checkUnbalanced function (defined below) every 2 seconds
        PyRunner(command='checkUnbalanced()', realPeriod=2)
]
O.dt = .5 * PWaveTimeStep()
O.trackEnergy = True

def checkUnbalanced():