Re: [Question #704293]: How to use TW.triangulate() to calculate strain between two states by importing samples

Leonard is still having a problem:
Hi Karol,

Haha, thanks for addressing this question again.

Just two things to be confirmed to make sure I correctly understood:

1. In the two txt files, each line (which is the x, y, z, radius of a
sphere) should be the same sphere. e.g. If sphere id 10 is at the 10th
line in txt1, it should also be at the 10th line in txt2.

2.When I input the two txt files into defToVtkFromPositions(), I use the
2 lines of code as below:

TW=TesselationWrapper()
TW.defToVtkFromPositions("txt1.txt","txt2.txt","def.vtk")

without TW.triangulate() which has been used in example [1]. I'd like to
confirm that when we use defToVtkFromPositions(), there is no need to
involve TW.triangulate().

Please correct me if I am wrong.

One question is that, when I execute TW.defToVtkFromPositions(), it
returns a Macro strain and it is always:

0 0 0
0 0 0
0 0 0
in all of my states against initial state in a triaxial compression test. Even I can observe strain_deviator difference in paraview at different states. May I ask what is Macro strain and why it is a zero matrix in my case.

Thanks

Best wishes
Leonard

[1]https://yade-dev.gitlab.io/trunk/user.html#micro-strain