[Question #704434]: Pfacet in periodic boundary conditions

Hello!
I am trying to simulate a plate being installed in sand. For that, I imported a 3d mesh of the plate with "gtsPFacet". I then set walls for the sample in x and y directions while periodic boundary conditions on z. I saw on the forum that it can be done by setting O.cell.setBox on x and y directions to large values.
The code for yade and the mesh file are in the following link:
https://filesender.renater.fr/?s=download&token=6328dd93-0240-4c43-bd2e-6cc02f35fe44

My questions are:

1. If I would like to have a plate that is not hollow inside, should I provide the mesh of the interior of the plate? I mean not just
just the external geometry or am I wrong?

2. Is it okay how I simulated periodic boundary conditions on the z dimension or am I missing something?

If you have any other suggestions or comments please let me know.
Thank you a lot!
Alice