Re: [Question #706221]: Use of ChatGPT 4 for coding new YADE DEM constitutive laws

Jan Stránský posted a new comment:
Hello,

I have tried the result.

TLTR: not so good actually..

As is my so fart experience with ChatGPT, all that glitters is not gold.
For the first sight, it looks relatively OK.
For more closer look, there are maaany problems to make it even compile (I gave up after not so short time)
- wrong includes,
- non-existent includes
- using non-existent variables
- redeclaration of variables and functions
- ...

Concerning actual implementation (TempDependentBurgersViscoElasticContactLaw::go), you have to check yourself if it computes it correctly.
Specifically the tangentialForce value.

Maybe just asking it for the implementation of Law2::go functions would
have better results, but currently it produces non-compilable code
(therefore the actual value is questionable).

Cheers