Re: [Question #706632]: problem on biaxial compression test using clumps

hhh_Chen is still having a problem:
Hi Jérôme,

Thanks for your reply, but I'm not sure what you mean. In my script, the
consolidation process is dividied into 2 stages. In the first stage, the
degrees of freedom in 'zXYZ' are blocked in order to ensure the
direction of long axis for all particles is horizontal until the
isotropic pressure reaches 90kPa. And in the senond stage, the blocked
rotation along 'Z' is released till the pressure reaches 100kpa. I know
that the blockedDOFs will only block forces (and acceleration) in
selected directions and if the velocity is not zero when degrees of
freedom are blocked via blockedDOFs assignements, the body will keep
moving at the velocity it has at the time of blocking. Therefore, I set
the linear and angular velocities as zero for all clumps before
shearing. But in the shearing process, the clumps can still have angular
velocity components along X and Y. Why did this happen?