Re: [Question #706976]: Reconstruct particles from ct images

Ruidong LI gave more information on the question:
Karol, Thanks for your reply.

---I think that you need to be much more specific. For example, is each of the 800 gts files modelling a single particle?
---Yes. Each GTS file denotes one single particle.

---Do you try to reproduce the exact shape of the sample (particles in their corresponding locations from the very beginning)? What code do you use to generate clumps?
---Yes. I'd like to reproduce the exact shape of the sample (particles in their corresponding locations from the very beginning). The code I used to generate the clump is presented below:

def createSphere(pred, ndivmin, spacing):
	aabb = pred.aabb()
	dim0 = aabb[1][0] - aabb[0][0]
	bodyList = []
	ndiv = ndivmin
	while len(bodyList)==0:
		radius = dim0 / ndiv # get some characteristic dimension, use it for radius
		bodyList = O.bodies.append(pack.regularHexa(pred, radius = radius, gap = -radius, color = [random.random(),random.random(),random.random()], material = sphereMat))
		ndiv = ndiv + spacing

---Can you prepare the MVE[1]? If not possible, please describe your workflow.
--- I can provide the MVE. But I don't know how to provide my GTS.  I just imported gts files into Yade and created the surface, then generate spheres using the 'pack.regularHexa' function.

---What do you mean that the sample shrinks in the height direction? Smaller than expected after deposition, or did something actually shrink?
--- This means that when the unbalanced force ratio tends to be stable, the height of the sample is smaller than the real value. The reason behind this, I guess, is the voids between clumps since clumps are smaller than the gts surface.