Re: [Question #706740]: Excess pore-water pressure in triaxial test

Bruno Chareyre proposed the following answer:
Initially, I thought your script was crashing in undrained conditions. I thus conjectured that it could come from uninitialized pressure.
But in fact the script does not crash. Pressure is simply initialized at zero. There is no problem.

Imposing pressure in one point would not only initialize, it would
continuously impose pressure (at least if you just uncomment the
corresponding line, that's what would happen).

> In undrained experiment usually the pore pressure is rising during
deviatoric

That is another question. It depends on many things. Let's stick to the
numerical model and let's see if it is self-consistent
before considering experiments. The main question at this step: is
pressure change consistent with the volume change?

> Now I tried with comprssible fluid and receive this

I suppose you meant "incompressible"? This one won't solve: the pressure
of an incompressible fluid is unknown if no pressure is imposed
somewhere (in other words, the matrix is singular).