Re: [Question #706485]: Consolidation of Peat Soil Using Discrete Element Method

Ezzable Macclen Anak John Maclay is still having a problem:
Hello!

I am currently doing a research on the consolidation of peat soil by
using DEM. However i am still new to this software and I would love to
learn more about this software.

Here is a bit of info about my study. Consolidation of soil is a process
where the volume of the soil decreases through the expulsion of water
while peat soil is known to be incapable of supporting the foundation
structures and high loads due to its poor bearing capacity. Therefore, I
am interested and eager to learn how to use this software in order to
simulate geotechnical test by using the DEM model and also to create the
representative particles for the peat (irregular shape).

Looking forward for your best reply! Thank you