yahoo-eng-team team mailing list archive

DEVSTACKpy rename?

Hi all,

The DEVSTACKsh people were wondering if we could rename DEVSTACKpy to
something else. I argued with them over this for a little while, but
eventually am not seeing the battle as that worthwhile. They seem to
continue to think that there tool will always exist and there is no need
to move to something that works better (cough cough DEVSTACKpy) and they
think the naming is causing some confusion. So after some exciting
emails back and forth trying to see what the roadmap of theres is and
why it can't just be DEVSTACKpy I am giving up that route (I think this
is how citrix felt with cloudstack) and just coming up with names.

The best one we have so far, imho, is "anvil" so like "Project Anvil",
where anvil can mean the thing u build clouds with, but also is a part
of a cloud so it seems appropriate. Other names I came up with sucked,
so thx to ed here for that. What do u all think?

-Josh
--
This message was sent from Launchpad by
Joshua Harlow (https://launchpad.net/~harlowja)