Re: UDS

On May 11, 2011, at 16:39, Gary Poster <gary.poster@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

No, it was actually very well attended and we got good feedback.  Jeremy F., Brian M., and Kate S. were all there, participated, and were excited about the new features. Francis, Jono, and Ian also came and helped field questions.

> Two answers and a question about the Q&A, btw:
>
> Q: Have we decoupled being the bug supervisor of a project from getting all of the bug mail for a project?  Specifically, when you unsubscribe from the subscription you get when you are a bug supervisor, do you remain the bug supervisor?
> A: This is not something our squad has worked on, so maybe gmb could confirm, but I believe the answer is yes.

It was shown that the team remains the bug supervisor. I think the question is whether the subscription is really unsubscribed. If the bug supervisor really gets a subscription (I.e. It isn't special cased) then I suspect it works as expected.

> Q. If you have multiple matching subscriptions, which x-launchpad-subscription headers do you get.
> A: All of them.

One header for each?

> Q: Why do teams with a contact address appear when viewing +subscriptions?
> A: [I don't understand the question]

If a team has a contact address (a mailing list for example, like ~launnchpad did) then all team email goes to that address, not to the individual recipients. In that situation it does not make sense to let individuals mute or unsubscribe because those actions will not affect the mailing list and the email will still be delivered. Check with Brian for further explanation as he raised the point.