hand off email

Hi. Graham and Francesco gave me a nice handoff of what they had done. Brad ran with it. It sounded like he did some good stuff, and I think he'll be able to report what to do next.

I had a very frustrating afternoon trying to get juju and canonistack to play nicely together. I sent an email to cloud@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx abut the main problem. I also had a couple of non-Canonistack-related frustrations: I can't get my function keys to be honored over ssh (which you need to customize byobu's status line when it goes crazy); and my term does not default to utf 8 for some reason, which makes byobu go crazy.

I *think* I learned by the end of the day that our lpbuildbot buildslave is configured to put the lp environment in a different place than our lpbuildbot master configuration expects it to be. We should reconcile these two tomorrow, and verify that I'm on the right track.

Brad and I also learned that the buildbot slave and master can apparently communicate just fine to one another, even if the slave and master are different versions. That's good for us.

Gary

Follow ups