Re: [Merge] lp:~gary/charms/oneiric/buildbot-slave/run-as-buildbot into lp:~yellow/charms/oneiric/buildbot-slave/trunk

(As from the buildbot-master branch...)

The su contextmanager has an issue: the euid and egid are not set back properly when there is an error in the with block, for some reason.  This can cause some problems: for some reason the juju log command hangs when the buildbot user  tries to use it.  Benji and I took a quick look at it and did not see a reason why they would do this.  Perhaps it takes a moment to propagate?

I have not yet run the existing tests.  I will do this before landing, resolving any issues.  That said, this will bring up a master and slave for lpbuildbot, and at least check out the branch.  Subsequently there's an error within Twisted/Buildbot itself, but it's on the right track.
--
https://code.launchpad.net/~gary/charms/oneiric/buildbot-slave/run-as-buildbot/+merge/92400
Your team Launchpad Yellow Squad is requested to review the proposed merge of lp:~gary/charms/oneiric/buildbot-slave/run-as-buildbot into lp:~yellow/charms/oneiric/buildbot-slave/trunk.