Re: handoff etc.

On 03/15/2012 02:50 AM, Gary Poster wrote:

> So...I guess encoding was explicitly None, and the code needs to be on
> the order of "getattr(self.stream, 'encoding', None) or 'utf-8'"?

Yes, it seems so, I've patched the branch as you suggested.

> I don't know what that "String or Integer object expected for key,
> unicode found" means--or, more accurately, what raised it.  Probably
> unrelated.

It seems similar to this problem:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/testrepository/+bug/775214

> /etc/resolvconf/update.d/libc: Warning: /etc/resolv.conf is not a
> symbolic link to /etc/resolvconf/run/resolv.conf

resolvconf is installed but resolv.conf isn't a link, and the link
target /etc/resolvconf/run/resolv.conf doesn't exist. To reproduce, in
an ec2 precise instance:
/etc/init.d/networking restart
or
apt-get install --reinstall resolvconf