progress

1) The containers (in the branch-rewriter) are looking for files like this, according to lsof: /dependencies/sourcecode/pygettextpo/gettextpo.so . I'm not sure why.

2) The containers on the 8-core machine are waiting on fd 11 when they wait. If I'm using lsof correctly, that means it is waiting on /rootfs/dev/random (see bug 959352), which didn't exist. I tried making a symlink but it didn't change anything, so maybe that's not the cause. I was hopeful that this was the cause. :-/ It still is something we should get sorted.

3) Eventually, it turns out, the code proceeds anyway. We eventually got just four test failures http://pastebin.ubuntu.com/893076/ in 3 hrs, 46 mins, 49 secs, but I think we need to fix or work around that bug from #1 before we get too disheartened that eight cores only gives us two or three hours speed increase. I think, once we get rid of these hangs, things will look noticeably better.

Follow ups