Re: parallel test results

Thanks Francesco!

I was particularly interested in your single core numbers. That's almost two hours faster than the current IS buildbot machine. I'm somewhat tempted to run another single core run *without* the /dev/random hack, just to see what that affects, if anything, in that scenario.

I have run 4 cores, and I'm doing 2 cores now.  So far we have this:

1 core:  4:17
2 cores: (in progress)
3 cores:
4 cores: 1:21
5 cores:
6 cores:
7 cores:
8 cores: 0:51

This begins to sketch a curve that looks pretty much like what I expected.

The only other data point I'd say we really ought to have is 6 core, just because I think that's the default purchase number of cores for the data center. We could fill out more if we wanted to. 3 would be my next choice, myself. And maybe 1 core minus the /dev/random thing, like I said above, just for interest.

If someone could review the test runs to determine what bugs we should file/cards we should create, that would be useful. Otherwise, please help me remember to do it. :-)

Gary