Re: Orphaned tests for lxc-cleanup

On 03/30/12 14:02, Benji York wrote:
On Fri, Mar 30, 2012 at 11:43 AM, Brad Crittenden
<brad.crittenden@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>  wrote:
My first attempt to writing the lxc-cleanup script had it as a
stand-alone script and I wrote some basic unit tests for it.  Later
when I realized it had to be run as root, it was incorporated into
setuplxc.py and there was no place for the test to live.

There are a couple of scripts that are really just thin wrappers around
modules in the lp package (e.g., devscripts).  Perhaps we should follow
that model.

This is a bootstrapping script though--the lp tree isn't even there yet.

We could make the bootstrapping script go off and get other sub-scripts that it orchestrates, as I mentioned when we discussed the IS desire to have a stand-alone script for the lxc-only bits of setuplxc. My current position is that we already have a refactoring appropriate for this sort of purpose in progress: lpsetup. It will be a debian package in a ppa, so it can be fully divided up into whatever division makes sense, and yet it can all be in one branch and one package.

Gary