Fwd: Re: Results from buildbot run

Meh, I meant to send this to the list.

No progress on jml's branch, it looks like.

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: [Yellow] Results from buildbot run
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2012 19:16:32 -0400
From: Gary Poster <gary.poster@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Brad Crittenden <bac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

On 04/19/12 18:13, Brad Crittenden wrote:
The results of the run I did this evening are mixed.

I suspect it's actually all good news.

The file .testrepository/0 can be found at:  http://dl.dropbox.com/u/420990/testrepo-0

Cool, thank you.

The tag leakage problem is resolved.

test:
lp.hardwaredb.scripts.tests.test_hwdb_submission_processing.TestHALDeviceUSBDevices.testUSBDeviceRegularCase
time: 2012-04-19 20:57:10.072074Z
tags: worker-4
successful:
lp.hardwaredb.scripts.tests.test_hwdb_submission_processing.TestHALDeviceUSBDevices.testUSBDeviceRegularCase
[ multipart
]

note that having worker-N along with a setup or teardown is correct, so
this sort of thing is AOK.

test: lp.testing.layers.BaseLayer:setUp
time: 2012-04-19 20:57:10.072074Z
tags: worker-4 zope:layer
successful: lp.testing.layers.BaseLayer:setUp [ multipart
]

In it you'll see we have the worker-n tags but also have the zope:layer tags that should not be present.

Troubling, the 'stdio' link on the waterfall page has very little information.  The full file is at http://pastebin.ubuntu.com/937541/

that's the stdio for building, not for running the tests.  I suspect you
just clicked on the wrong link.

We can get the data from the subunit you captured, though.  I used testr
(maybe there's a better commandline way to convert subunit to standard
Python test runner output?) and put the results at
http://pastebin.ubuntu.com/937602/ .  I also updated
https://dev.launchpad.net/ParallelTests/ResultsLog .

Gary requested I run

TEMP=$(pwd)/temp testr run --parallel --subunit --full-results -- -t stories/gpg

This produced the results at http://pastebin.ubuntu.com/937558/

That also shows that the tag leakage problem is fixed:

test: lib/lp/registry/stories/gpg-coc/xx-ubuntu-codeofconduct-signer.txt
time: 2012-04-19 22:11:16.022175Z
tags: worker-0
successful:
lib/lp/registry/stories/gpg-coc/xx-ubuntu-codeofconduct-signer.txt [
multipart
]

Because the PPAs are correct for getting the worker information, that
means it is as complete as we need it at this time.  I have moved the
card for bug 974622 to Done-done on the board.  Good work to everyone
who has worked on the testr/subunit/testtools fun.  The next card for
this effort is "buildbot results show subunit streams filtered by
workers".  It is blocked on bug 664171, which jml is working on.

Thanks again

Gary

--bac