Status of lpbuildbot/lpsetup

Hi all,

This is a log of my second attempt to replace setuplxc with lpsetup in
our parallel testing story.

1. I've updated the slave charm, adding the *apt* transport and changing
the lpbuildbot config file as required.
I've also fixed a bug preventing extra packages (as listed in yaml
config) to be installed in the charm instance. I wonder if this was
in some way an intended behaviour: in that case I will revert the change.
The relevant branch is
https://code.launchpad.net/~frankban/charms/oneiric/buildbot-slave/use-lpsetup
*** MP:
https://code.launchpad.net/~frankban/charms/oneiric/buildbot-slave/use-lpsetup/+merge/105086

2. Deployed juju charms (using my customized slave).

3. Manually patched buildbot master configuration to reflect script
names generated by lpsetup. The patch also fixes dependencies path.
Patch: http://pastebin.ubuntu.com/975588/
*** MP:
https://code.launchpad.net/~frankban/lpbuildbot/use-lpsetup/+merge/105085

4. Restarted buildbot master and completed a test run (clean! \o/ ).

I've just started another test run
( http://ec2-23-20-70-98.compute-1.amazonaws.com:8010/waterfall )
and I will continue running tests using this configuration tomorrow morning.

Next steps:

- remove setuplxc from launchpad devel.

Conclusions: lpsetup seems quite ready to be used to create the testing
environment IMHO. Maybe some bugs will show up: I suggest to continue
running the test suite in order to do the replacement ASAP and have only
one project to maintain. Please feel free to reply with your
comments/suggestions.

--
Francesco Banconi

Follow ups