Help request for intermittently failing test

Hi Stuart, Robert.

We have two problems that seem like they ought to be solvable by
increasing timeouts, but apparently are not.  This email is about one of
them.  I might write you about the other one too the next time it pops up.

The most recent 20.2 MB test failure message can be obtained here:
http://ubuntuone.com/0kW9S8M5SGM5JqZ9HPBHfj

Other parts of this test file have failed for us as well in virtually
identical ways.  See https://bugs.launchpad.net/launchpad/+bug/974617
and https://bugs.launchpad.net/launchpad/+bug/1003040 for some of the
history, if you like.

These tests don't appear to have failed on the non-parallel lpbuildbot.
I haven't seen complaints about them before, at least.

The test file is one I wrote a while ago as an integration test for our
"the atabase is down" help page.  The page is exercised mostly during
deployments.

And now for the questions!

To Stuart, and maybe Robert: do you see any clues in those tracebacks
and database messages to give us an idea about what to look for? The
fact that things really are supposed to be failing for part of that time
really confuses me.  Admittedly, none of us have dug in on this problem
yet.  Speaking for myself, I'm afraid a bit of irrational

To Robert, and maybe Stuart: I've considered simply ripping this test
file out.  I feel it would be at least a mild shame, because it really
does verify something important.  OTOH, it's arguably doing horrible
things, far into integration test land.  What do you think of deleting
the file entirely?

(Unfortunately, I won't be able to ask that second question for the
other problem we are having: we'd have to rip out all the tests that
depend on RabbitMQ, since it is the layer setUp that is rarely failing!)

Thank you,

Gary

Follow ups