Re: [Merge] lp:~bac/lpsetup/sansbuildout into lp:lpsetup

Review: Approve

Great!  Thank you.

Rather than copying over ez_setup.py from Launchpad, I suggest using the distribute version.  http://packages.python.org/distribute/using.html describes details very roughly.  http://python-distribute.org/distribute_setup.py

Moreover, see this discussion, and contain your weeping.  And talk to barry if you want to.  http://old.nabble.com/to-distribute_setup()-or-not,-that-is-the-question-td33210691.html  I kind of like Piotr's approach in that thread:

import sys
try:
   import setuptools
except ImportError:
   if '--download-distribute' in sys.argv:
   	import distribute_setup
        distribute_setup.use_setuptools()
   else:
       print >>sys.stderr, 'Please install distribute or add --download-distribute argument'"
       exit(1)

He didn't get a reply though.

Did I mention the idea about running away?
--
https://code.launchpad.net/~bac/lpsetup/sansbuildout/+merge/111942
Your team Yellow Squad is requested to review the proposed merge of lp:~bac/lpsetup/sansbuildout into lp:lpsetup.