Re: To Francesco :-)

On 07/10/2012 05:25 PM, Gary Poster wrote:
> Hi Francesco!  Welcome back!  I hope you had a great time at EuroPython.

Thanks, it's nice to be back!

>  We look forward to your trip report (did we tell you about that
> punishment for having a good time?)

Yes you did :-).

> This is a reminder to us to ask you about the private key and public key
> arguments to lp-setup.  We are wondering if it would be ok to delete
> them.  We can talk about it when we see you, or you can reply when you
> get around to it, whichever.

We don't use these args in the slave charm AFAICT. SSH keys are handled
by *handle_ssh_keys*, the logic is:

if [the keys are passed] or [they can be found in the file system]:
    the keys are valid; we can use bzr+ssh; we can lp-login
else:
    we must generate the keys; we must use http.

When do you want to pass the keys as command line args? I don't have a
good answer or use case, so I guess it's ok to delete those args.

At the time setuplxc was written, maybe we intended to generate the keys
with a predefined content in order to checkout launchpad using ssh. Now
we have:
- the possibility to specify the ssh key name (so that we can also use a
particular key if we need it).
- seen that http is ok for parallel tests (if I am not wrong...)

Moreover, the initrepo subcommand now takes a --use-http argument that
can be used to explicitly specify what protocol to use.

--
Francesco Banconi