lpsetup for developers: the notes so far

I decided not to convert these to the public minutes.  My rationale was
that we weren't finished with the topic, and that the notes were of less
public interest.  Also, I didn't feel like it. :-)

gary's initial proposal:

People want to see what's going to happen before it happens
People want to see what happened (i.e., banners on our files) [DONE]
People want to be able to accept what's going to happen piecemeal

We think...
people want to be able to undo an installation

frankban: exception handling: excecution error. Add: Make the errors
happen initially as much as possible (validation). each time there is an
error from user, report that differently than traceback. Distinction is
between internal errors that are bugs, and validation errors (handlers),
and exception errors (during step excecution) that we expect can happen
and do not represent bugs in lpsetup.
gary_poster: --debug option could provide more feedback if desired.

We like what frankban described.

People want to see what's going to happen before it happens:
benji: simpler code means people can follow it. bash script simple?
gary: rocketfuel rejected.
benji: prose. short descriptions important.
gary: I have a hard time with this because I don't care a lot myself.
benji/bac: maybe containers don't need a lot of care? Relatively
easy/fast to make a new one.

system stuff most important (e.g. apparmor), user next (e.g. bazaar
locations), launchpad directories least.