Re: Separate environment and store charms (issue 6749046)

On 2012/10/19 19:02:34, hazmat wrote:
> The branch looks good. I'm concerned a bit about the ambiguity and
work we're
> carrying forward to support that. I've update the charm browser to
always return
> store_url as part of search results as an unambigious qualifier.
results without
> a store_url are filtered by the server. Also we can now retrieve charm
details
> with a revision identifier (the backend doesn't do anything with this
revision
> at the moment, but we can fix that on the backend later). I think that
should
> make some of the bits here a bit simpler (baseId vs id).

> Also with that i'd like to drop the extraneous information we're
carrying in the
> search results list. ie.. given

>      {
>        "data_url": "/charms/precise/lamp/json",
>        "name": "lamp",
>        "store_url": "cs:precise/lamp-1",
>        "series": "precise",
>        "summary": "set up an apache server with php and supports a
connection to
> mysql",
>        "relevance": 19.82845289740461,
>        "owner": "charmers"
>      },

> name/series/owner/data_url keys can all be obsoleted.

That all sounds great--except maybe data_url.  I think keeping that
might be a nice convenience.  But you're still right, even that is
arguably duplicate--as long as we keep the same URL patterns in the
charm store.

> https://codereview.appspot.com/6749046/diff/1/app/app.js
> File app/app.js (right):

> https://codereview.appspot.com/6749046/diff/1/app/app.js#newcode617
> app/app.js:617: 'juju-charm-store']
> i think this can get rolled up into models in modules

The charm and charm list are part of models.  the charm store is not--it
represents interactions with the charm store and returns data, not
models.  We *could* collapse it with env if you wanted.  I didn't do it
because I didn't see a win or a real conceptual connection with the juju
environment, but I wouldn't object.

Thanks!

Gary

https://codereview.appspot.com/6749046/

--
https://code.launchpad.net/~gary/juju-gui/charmdivision/+merge/130464
Your team Juju GUI Hackers is subscribed to branch lp:juju-gui.