Re: [Merge] lp:~makyo/juju-gui/add-rel-improvements into lp:juju-gui

On 10/28/2012 08:53 PM, Gary Poster wrote:
> Hi Matt.  This looks like it will be a step in a good direction.  I just went for a cruise around the UX for a second before I looked at the code, and I saw a few things that you might want to address, or at least run past Jovan, before a more thorough review.
>
>   - the two experiences of starting from long-click and starting from the service menu are different in ways that surprise me, and in at least one case seems like at error.  In general I prefer the long-click behavior.
>     * lines started from the service menu can go crazy when you hover over things that are not a target service.  For example, try hovering over a relationship name.  For me, the line then goes from the service start point to [0, 0].  I see other similar issues that I won't clarify now, but if you can't dupe I'll be happy to provide more details and screenshots. (This does not happen with long-click.)
>     * lines started from the service menu cannot go over the service, unlike the change you made for long-click.  I think they ought to be the same.
>
> Also, unrelatedly but concerningly, I discovered bug 1072433.  That looks pretty critical, but it is in the trunk.  I put that in the kanban board.
>
> I'm going to stop the review for now until I hear back from you on how you want to handle my UX observations.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Gary
Thanks for the catch - looks like mousemove events aren't bubbling how I
thought they would, and I was working on a mostly empty environment.
I'll investigate all these points.

--
https://code.launchpad.net/~makyo/juju-gui/add-rel-improvements/+merge/131542
Your team Juju GUI Hackers is requested to review the proposed merge of lp:~makyo/juju-gui/add-rel-improvements into lp:juju-gui.