Re: Style charm results panel. (issue 6817101)

On 2012/11/07 21:10:44, gary.poster wrote:
> Hi Brad.  This really looks much better, thank you.

> Matt is the one who will be pickier than I, but here's a start:

> - The visual design doesn't seem to bold the series names or the charm
names,
> but they are bold in the app right now.

Good catch and it looks much better.

> - It looks to me like there is too much space between the package name
and the
> summary, in comparison to the visual design.

The design calls for 10px, which is what I set padding-top to.  But
there appears to be extra space below the charm name.  I'm going to
reduce padding-top for the summary to 6px to give a resulting spacing
that appears to be 10px-ish.

> - The visual design looks like it might be alternating darker and
lighter gray
> background colors for each package, and then using the lighter gray
color for
> mouseover.  I'm not sure that's right, but something is going on, and
it
> probably warrants checking with Matt.

WIll do.  Had checked with Jovan but he deferred to Matt.  Matt and I
will talk today.

Until he says definitively I have implemented alternating background
colors, which was easy to do with
&:nth-child(even) and &:nth-child(odd)
I must say the effect is so slight that I find it more annoying than
helpful.  But it now matches your interpretation of the visual design.
I think the confusion could've been avoided had the assets been named
list_even_div and list_odd_div instead of list_one_div and list_two_div.
  I bring this up, and the Friday review card, because I think we are
experiencing considerable churn based on the imprecise communication and
specification between the designers and us.  There is room for
improvement and we should seek to get better specs so we aren't doing
archeology with color pickers and mind reading.

> - If you search for something that is available in multiple series (I
used
> "buildbot" :-) ) then the top line of the second series (Oneiric, in
this case)
> looks too thick.  AFAICT, the last .charm-entry should not have a
bottom-border.
>   That fixes it for me. "&:last-child { bottom-border: 0; }" maybe?

Good catch and thanks for the fix.  It appears to work for me.

https://codereview.appspot.com/6817101/

--
https://code.launchpad.net/~bac/juju-gui/charm-search-style/+merge/133325
Your team Juju GUI Hackers is requested to review the proposed merge of lp:~bac/juju-gui/charm-search-style into lp:juju-gui.