Re: Compute documentation statistics. (issue 6845085)

On Mon, Nov 26, 2012 at 5:25 PM, Nicola Larosa
<nicola.larosa@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> benji wrote:
>> Perhaps I am missing something, but I don't see your comments
>> in Reitveld.  Did you respond there or just reply to the email?
>
> Weird. I replied (and am replying again) on Rietveld, and can see my
> previous reply here.

I was unclear.  I can see the message itself in Reitveld.  I was
referring to not seeing your replies inline with the code and adjacent
to the original comments.

>> If we were using Buildout it would be easy.  Barring that, your
>> approach sounds good to me.  We don't need any packages, we can
>> just have the shim script in bin/ invoke the script in
>> lib/scripts and have the test module live in lib/scripts too.
>
> Do you mean calling it as an external command?

Yes.  A small bash script in bin/ would be simplest.

> I'd rather import code in lib/scripts/ from the shim script in bin/.

I can't parse that sentence.

>> One downside of this approach is that the current working
>> directory will have to be the root of the checkout for the shim
>> script to be able to find the "real" script.  (Unless we do
>> something fancy in the shim script, which does not seem to be
>> worth the effort.)
>
> Well, nothing *very* fancy, I guess, just the usual path building based
> on os.path.dirname(__file__).

If done in bash it would be fancier than I would bother with, but you
are right, it would be simple in Python.
--
Benji York

https://code.launchpad.net/~teknico/juju-gui/extract-doc-stats/+merge/135958
Your team Juju GUI Hackers is requested to review the proposed merge of lp:~teknico/juju-gui/extract-doc-stats into lp:juju-gui.