Re: Serve the GUI assets over HTTPS (issue 6940084)

Land as is.

Thanks Nicola.  Looks good.

I have one important thought for a future branch that I ramble on about
below.

Gary

https://codereview.appspot.com/6940084/diff/13001/hooks/utils.py
File hooks/utils.py (right):

https://codereview.appspot.com/6940084/diff/13001/hooks/utils.py#newcode227
hooks/utils.py:227: pem_path = os.path.join(ssl_cert_path, 'server.pem')
It strikes me that we need the ability to specify the contents of these
files (server.pem and server.key) from the charm.  From the experience
with the buildbot charms, the only way to do this in a charm is to
specify the entire file contents in a string (doing this in a YAML
configuration file is the easiest way to do that).  This means that
using the feature will be a bit annoying, but on the bright side, it
should be easy to implement.  Simply accept two strings which are the
contents of server.pem and server.key, respectively.  If these are
provided, put the content in the expected file locations and move on.
Otherwise (if neither or only one are provided), do what we have here.

If only one of the two is provided, I think it would be appropriate to
log that we are ignoring it because we need both values.  This will mean
that both values must be provided at once, but all three mechanisms to
set values support this (juju deploy --config, juju set, and juju set
--config).

I'm fine with this being done in a separate card.  While it takes so
long to spin up a charm to test in manually and automatically, maybe it
makes sense to combine this change with the one that turns on the secure
websocket (which needs to be able to be turned off, btw, for as long as
uistage is served on http!).

https://codereview.appspot.com/6940084/

--
https://code.launchpad.net/~teknico/charms/precise/juju-gui/serve-via-https/+merge/140511
Your team Juju GUI Hackers is requested to review the proposed merge of lp:~teknico/charms/precise/juju-gui/serve-via-https into lp:~juju-gui/charms/precise/juju-gui/trunk.