Re: Updated the charm to serve Juju GUI releases. (issue 6977043)

On Wed, Dec 19, 2012 at 9:34 PM, Gary Poster <gary.poster@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>wrote:

> I really want to know what you do to debug these functional tests.  I
> did not get pdbs to work locally (stdout/stdin are not passed through
> for this to work, AFAICT), and the logs collected by jitsu test left a
> lot to be desired.  I wanted to investigate the charm log, but we don't
> get that from jitsu test.  Maybe we ought to incorporate that into our
> own test infrastructure?  I have a weekly retrospective card to discuss
> this, and see if you or anyone else have any good techniques, or ideas
> about what we can do to improve jitsu test for debugging.

it should definitely include the charm.log if it doesn't thats a bug imo.

fwiw, lp:charmrunner has a tool for collecting *all* of the data available
in an environment (recorder.py)

--
https://code.launchpad.net/~frankban/charms/precise/juju-gui/bug-1088618-serve-releases/+merge/140745
Your team Juju GUI Hackers is requested to review the proposed merge of lp:~frankban/charms/precise/juju-gui/bug-1088618-serve-releases into lp:~juju-gui/charms/precise/juju-gui/trunk.