zeitgeist team mailing list archive

Re: FindEvents: which arguments should it take

2009/10/11 Mikkel Kamstrup Erlandsen <mikkel.kamstrup@xxxxxxxxx>:
> What do you mean with this last line "tags and bookmarked
> "? It seems not to fit in with what you write below.

That's  "annotation", I wrote it like that to explain the proposal in
chunks. Sorry for the confusion.

> Using a % for truncation seems very SQL-esque to me. Since we don't
> really want to expose that we are SQL-based then maybe using * for
> truncation (like the rest of the Unix world) would be more natural? No
> biggie - just a notpick :-)

Right, I agree with you. What do you propose for escaping "*"?

> I don't think we should allow for such things in the API. For two reasons:

OK, I thought you'd raise those, but wanted to propose it anyway just
in case. So, the idea is now officially ruled out :).

Thanks for your input.

Free Software Developer       363DEAE3