zeitgeist team mailing list archive

Re: zeitgeist vim plugin

Hi Jonathan,

> I'm trying to write a vim plugin to log its activity in the zeitgeist db.
Cool, thanks for doing this!

> Is a vim plugin using the python dbus interface the right way of doing it ?
Yeah, we'd like to have as much as possible of the logging done by
plugins (or even natively by the applications themselves).

> item = {
>     "timestamp": int(time.time()),
>     "uri":uri,
>     "app": u"/usr/share/applications/gvim.desktop",
>     "source":u"http://freedesktop.org/standards/xesam/1.0/core#File";,
>     "content":u"http://freedesktop.org/standards/xesam/1.0/core#TextDocument";,
>     "use":u"http://gnome.org/zeitgeist/schema/1.0/core#VisitEvent";,
>     "mimetype":unicode(mimetypes.guess_type(uri)[0]),
> }
> is this item content correct ?
Yes, but, if you are writing the plugin in Python, please consider
using the constants we provide ("from zeitgeist import datamodel"):
datamodel.Source.FILE and datamodel.Content.VISIT_EVENT (#TextDocument
is currently not available, we only have #Document
-datamodel.Content.DOCUMENT-).

> Should I add an "origin" entry ? with what content ?
This field is optional. It isn't really used for anything in the 0.2
series so leaving it empty shouldn't be a problem.

> Are the "timestamp" and "mimetype" entries needed ? or would they have the
> same values if I omit them ?
They are both required.

If you have any other question, here we are. You can also come over to
#zeitgeist on irc.freenode.net.

Regards,

Free Software Developer       363DEAE3