zeitgeist team mailing list archive

[Blueprint handling-dataproviders] Howto handle dataproviders per default.

Blueprint changed by Markus Korn:

Whiteboard changed:
  thekorn:
  I don't get why we are talking about this over and over again. When we think we came to a conclusion it is always a matter of time before somebody brings this up *again*. However, IMO this is nothing we should discuss in a blueprint, if the current situation is a problem for user it is a bug, so we should discuss it in a bugreport, and there is already bug 462894 which deals with this problem.
  And if we still think this is an issue, we should try to solve it for all time.
- If we would like to solve it (Mikkel convinced me some time ago that we go with the current situation) then I see only one valid and possible solution: let certain clients claim exclusive communication (insert and/or query) with the zeitgeist daemon. This exclusive communication is defined by a set of templates and it is not the clients who check if they are allowed to do any kind of communication, it is the engine who does all the management. I started implementing this idea at lp:~thekorn/zeitgeist/exclusive_clients but did not finish it, because I don't think we need it.
+ If we would like to solve it (Mikkel convinced me some time ago that we should go with the current situation) then I see only one valid and possible solution: let certain clients claim exclusive communication (insert and/or query) with the zeitgeist daemon. This exclusive communication is defined by a set of templates and it is not the clients who check if they are allowed to do any kind of communication, it is the engine who does all the management. I started implementing this idea at lp:~thekorn/zeitgeist/exclusive_clients but did not finish it, because I don't think we need it.

Howto handle dataproviders per default.
https://blueprints.edge.launchpad.net/zeitgeist/+spec/handling-dataproviders