zeitgeist team mailing list archive

Re: [Question #116893]: Writing a logger in Java?

Question #116893 on Zeitgeist Framework changed:
https://answers.launchpad.net/zeitgeist/+question/116893

Mikkel Kamstrup Erlandsen proposed the following answer:
Sorry for the late reply - summer holidays :-)

The "correct" way to do this would be to use the DBus library for Java
(hosted somewhere on freedesktop.org I believe) and write complete
bindings for the Zeitgeist DBus API, like done for libzeitgeist (see
http://people.canonical.com/~kamstrup/projects/libzeitgeist/doc/0.2.2/).
This will be somewhat of a detour from you main goal, but would be a
highly valued contribution - I may be able to give you some hints along
the road if you wanna go there.

Alternatively you can write a simple command line tool in Python (using
the zeitgeist Python module with the docs you pointed to), which you
then call from Java - not beautiful, but workable until there are full
Java bindings ready.

Hope it's enough to help you!

Zeitgeist Framework Team, which is an answer contact for Zeitgeist
Framework.