Re: faster creation of notes

Jaap Karssenberg escribió:
> The enhanced key bindings could be implemented in zim relatively
> easily. You might want to have a go hacking this in the pyzim port.
> The template part need a little bit more work as we need  a proper
> place to store templates. But just using a namespace is ok for a
> prototype. (OK, the custom treemodel looks scary, but just adding a
> new page to the index should make it show up in the tree.)
I'm already reading pyzim, trying to get a feeling of it. Maybe trying
to make small changes is a good idea.

> Two questions though:
> 1) Can we use different key-bindings ?
Sure, Jaap. No particular reason for choosing those ones.
> 2) Can we keep the templates but not have the double editing step.
>
> Reason is that I feel this will be real confusing behavior if you do
> not expect it. Also you might accidentally have a page of the same
> name as a template and have a conflict.
>
> My suggestion would be to use some syntax like "tempalte: pagename" to
> create a page from a template. E.g. typing "book: Snowcrash" would
> create a page "Snowcrash" using the template "book".
That would be definitely be better.

Other idea is: use Tab instead of Enter for the template, so that Enter
always builds the note with that name, but Tab will load the template
and clear the name, or do nothing if the current word is not a template.
The tab key is commonly associated to snippet expansion.

Regards