Re: Zim 0.42-beta3 released

On Sat, Dec 19, 2009 at 7:24 PM, Dotan Cohen <dotancohen@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Thanks, Jaap. You don't know how bad I wish I could start testing, but
> I simply do not have the time to set up a test environment right now.
> I know that it will me who pays for that in the end, now is the time
> to file bugs critical to my workflow.
>

> > * Rich copy-paste in the editor is now supported, including HTML format
> for
> > pasting to e.g. Open Office
>
> Is this configurable? I personally _hate_ rich-text paste!

I would say the receiving application should implement "paste special" to
offer alternative formats. How the copy-paste protocol works, the sending
application just offers all formats it can handle, while the receiving
application decides what format to request in a particular context.

That being said we could enforce this by just offering a very limited set of
formats. Not sure why we would want that though. Feel free to make it a
hidden option, all the relevant code is in zim/gui/clipboard.py and the
config interface is in zim/config.py.