Re: LaTeX export and some questions

On Wed, Mar 3, 2010 at 10:11 AM, Svenn Are Bjerkem
<svenn.bjerkem@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> A completely different path would be to replace the wiki backend
> language used in zim with that used in asciidoc, then documents can be
> exported to pdf, dblatex, xhtml, docbook by external tools and formats
> controlled by the asciidoc toolchain. This would be a radical change,
> but zim would then hopefully only be a file editor front-end to files
> properly formatted to be used by external applications having their
> own set of configuration files. Would reduce the need to maintain zim
> specific logic to dump files in proper formats for postprocessing. For
> what it is worth: asciidoc distribution provide means to upload to
> wordpress.

I don't think that is the right solution for this problem.
1) from a quick glance at the asciidoc documentation I gather you
still need to decide the document class up front - so it doesn't
really solve the current issue
2) intention is that export in zim is agnostic of the format used for
storage - this will allow e.g. dokuwiki or wikipedia compatible
backends - latex export now implemented by Johannes will work for any
backend in zim

Still we could have asciidoc as an alternative backend. I would be
happy to support backends that tie in with various alternative tool
chains, however this is a separate discussion. Please note that there
are requests for various alternative backends in the tracker already
(markdown / restructred text / ...). However so far no-one is working
on this. For me it is low priority because I have no other usage of
the text except in zim.