Re: working installer for Zim 0.4x on windows -- not published yet; I have questions

And yet another comment:

The installer has a "Portable" mode where you must specify the target folder
and it does not do any desktop/shell integration. I haven't tested this yet,
but it should work fine right out of the box. I might write a little wrapper
script to launch a default notebook in some path relative to the binary's
folder (for the case with executable + notebook data as folders under Zim on
your thumbdrive). We should have something to publish on
portableapps.com"real soon now".