DokuWiki Syntax

Zim has been really helpful to me these past few days, but I came accross
this page:

http://zim-wiki.org/manual/Help/Wiki_Syntax.html

There's a lot of syntax here that is described, but doesn't actually work in
Zim. For example, the linking syntax: [[page|page]] is described, but
doesn't actually work. Same for verbatim using '''test'''. I can do Verbatim
using Ctrl+T, and Links with Ctrl+L. But is therer a reason the syntax there
doesn't work as described?

Couldn't find this asked or mentioned before. More than likely, there's a
reason this doesn't work that has been described plenty of times before; but
I can't find it.

Regards

Follow ups