Re: Shifting accents

Hi Evgeny,

you might be interested in the different efforts towards a semantic
desktop, in particular Tracker [1]. This is quite close to what you
describe.

I do not believe, that a home-grown, zim-specific solution is a good
idea. For example, I do not like the idea of cluttering the filesystem
with files containing metadata, Integration with other tools is
improbable and a lot of work. A tool like Zim should offer
note-taking facilities, not a framework for storing metadata.

I believe that it might be a good idea to integrate Zim more tightly
with Tracker to handle Metadata (like Tags, a Tag implementation using
Tracker should be quite easy, as all the heavy lifting is done by
Tracker), but this poses difficulties for portability (afaik there is
no Tracker for Windows).

Regards

Johannes

[2] http://projects.gnome.org/tracker/index.html